In October 2019, Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras (SGLMG) successfully won the rights to host WorldPride in Sydney in 2023!
WorldPride is an event that promotes lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and intersex (LGBTIQ) issues internationally through parades, festivals and other cultural activities. The first WorldPride was held in Rome in 2000. Cities that have hosted WorldPride since 2000 include Jerusalem, London, Toronto, Madrid, New York, Copenhagen hosting WorldPride in 2021 and Sydney in 2023.
We currently have a great opportunity for an experienced Project Manager (intermediate to senior level) to join the Sydney team, reporting to the COO / CEO.
This person will play a critical role in the Digital & Marketing team, helping to develop, implement and continuously manage Sydney WorldPride’s digital, marketing and social media campaigns and overall strategies. This role will report to the Marketing Manager.
- Contribute to the development and management of the execution of SWP’s social media strategy.
- Develop and run end-to-end campaigns to attract and acquire new subscribers and increase engagement.
- Develop and implement digital campaigns to increase awareness.
- Work with the team to establish and leverage inbound marketing best practices
- Maintain timely web pages and online resources, taking into account factors such as audience, project goals, best practices, and brand identity guidelines.
- Use the data to analyze our databases and the results of our campaigns, establish KPIs and reporting dashboards.
- Manage SWP’s promotional merchandise needs
- Creation of graphic design briefs
- Special project tasks assigned by the Chief Marketing Officer, Chief Digital Officer or CEO / CFO.
- Proofread copy for SWP marketing materials.
- Help manage external SWP ambassadors and engaged influencers.
- Copywriting for marketing materials
- Creation and management of an image and video asset database
- Coordinate SWP presentations for external audiences
- Liaise with key stakeholders including working closely with Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras
- Organize and coordinate meetings and events.
- Tertiary degrees in marketing appreciated, but not essential.
- Experience in digital marketing and SEO, SEM, SEA messaging journey and automation
- Experience working with a CMS / WordPress
- Ability to learn and understand CDP platforms and / or adapt to new or emerging platforms
- Demonstrated experience in creating and executing email campaigns, including using marketing automation tools
- Proficiency in HTML email development and optimization (including design and construction) highly desirable
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal, with an ability to write creatively to ensure peak marketing performance
- Proven skills in interpersonal and internal engagement with stakeholders
- A belief and commitment to Sydney WorldPride values
- Experience or exposure with organizations related to LGBTIQ + groups and / or First Nations organizations or events will be extremely beneficial.
Sydney WorldPride values collaboration; openness and transparency; integrity; inclusion; and working for the good of the LGBTIQ + pride community / movement in Australia, the region and the world. We are looking for someone who shares these values and wants to be a part of an extremely important event in 2023.
We strongly encourage anyone who identifies as LGBTQIA + and / or First Nations to send us an application.
If this role sounds like you, please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected] explaining why you think you are the right fit for the job.